Did you know that the NHS pays for hundreds of thousands of eye examinations every single year? You could be eligible too.
The following individuals are entitled to free eye examinations, courtesy of the NHS:
- Those under 16, or those under 19 and in full time education*
- Those over the age of 60
- Those who suffer from glaucoma or diabetes
- Those who are over 40 and are the parent, sibling or child or someone who has glaucoma
- Those who are considered (by an ophthalmologist) to be at risk of glaucoma
- Those who have been prescribe complex lenses under the NHS voucher scheme
- Those who are registered blind or partially sighted
- Those who receive, or whose partner receives income support, job seekers allowance (income based), employment support allowance (income related) or pension credit guarantee*
- Those who have, or whose partner has a valid tax exemption certificate or HC2 certificate*
If you fit into one of the categories listed above and would like further information about receiving a free eye examination, please get in touch. Our friendly team will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
*These categories may also be entitled to free basic lenses under the NHS